Marketing is an important aspect of building and maintaining the corporate image of a company. You need to influence as much customers as possible through your marketing strategies. There are various marketing tools which you can use to market your company, including advertising, social media promotions, digital marketing etc. Trade fairs are also one of the excellent marketing tools which can help you in promoting your business. Trade fairs are basically the exhibitions where companies related to a particular industry, showcase their products, do corporate communication and ensure branding and development of their businesses.
Some of the interesting facts about trade fairs developed by the Center for Exhibition Industry Research(CEIR) through long term researches are:
- Trade shows are usually visited by the people how really have the intention to make a purchase. 81% of the visitors are the potential consumers.
- 67% of all attendees represent a new prospect for exhibiting companies. This means that trade shows are always rich in new business targets.
- 45% of attendees visit only one exhibition per year – so when you exhibit at a show, you will find unique prospects there that you can’t reach at other trade shows.
- 92% of trade show attendees are looking for new products – this number has not changed in 25 years!!!! Proving the consistent value of exhibitions
- 84% of exhibitors say that ‘high quality of attendees’ is the most important factor when deciding whether to exhibit or expand stand size’.
These facts ensure that Trade shows help in getting new buyers and leaves a long- lasting impact on the attendees.
Known destinations for trade fairs and their categories:
Trade fairs are organized in relation to various industries and categories including, Arts and crafts, Fashion and apparels, machinery, agriculture, food and beverage, tours and travels, automobiles, etc. USA, Germany, China, Europe are some of the popular trade show destinations around the World. Las Angeles is a hub of trade fairs. Las Angeles has hosted 53 of the largest shows out of the total 250 trade shows held in the US in 2012. The categories in which maximum trade fairs held in USA is Fashion(36%), Machinery construction(18%) and cars (11%) whereas in China, most of the trade fairs are about Machinery(35%), computer components(12%) and textile & fabric(10%). Germany is another country which hosts more than 275 trade fairs per year and most of these trade shows belong to the industries related to Industrial suppliers, jewelry and gemstone and machinery. India is also a leading country in the exhibition sector and host World’s Largest trade show Indian International Trade Fair every year. It is being observed that maximum trade fairs are being organized in the month of May and June all around the World.The following graph shows the areas of exhibition venues that was rented in different countries:
Famous trade shows:
Some of the famous Trade shows around the world includes :
- American International Toy Fair
- ITB Berlin (World’s Largest travel trade show)
- Designer and agents (famous fashion trade show)
- Magic Market Week
- Gulfood (Food trade Show)
- Canton fair China
Why one should participate in Trade shows?
- As most of the people visit Trade shows to know what is New in the market. So Trade shows are excellent places to launch your new products and services.
- As a buyer you can get hundreds of vendors under a single roof. You can have a look at offerings made by different sellers and select the best.
- Trade fairs reduce the cost of face-to-face presentation. A buyer even meet 5 vendors on a day, the cost of traveling and the time consumption will be high. But in a trade show, he can talk to at least 30-35 vendors without spending much money.
- Increases the visibility of your brand.
- Promotes your company’s corporate image
Details of upcoming Trade Fairs:
If you are looking for a trade show to participate, then you can get the list of all the forthcoming trade fairs in your industry through various trade show portals. These portals can help you in finding the best events according to your requirements. You just have to select the category and location and you will get the entire list of the future events. TradeIndia also have a separate section where one can search for trade fairs by industries, event names, organizers, locations and timings.