The year 2014 is just got over and as the year had passed away, it had brought with it various acknowledgeable changes. One of such change is that most of the people have started searching for everything they need through online mediums, instead of going to the offline market. From taxi to cloth hangers, people are buying everything online. The year also observed an increase in the buyer’s confidence over online shopping. Filpkart, snapdeals and IRCTC are some of the largely searched sites in India in year the 2014. Apart from the changes in type of search, the devices which are being used for doing those searches have also changed. For example, mobiles and tablets were widely used over laptops and desktops.
Apart from these changes, there were several big news, events, issues and happenings that attracted thousands of eyeballs around the World. People have searched for several places, people, technical devices, etc. to satisfy their curiosities regarding them.
Lets have a look on Google search trend in the year 2014. If we talk about the global trend, following were the top 10 searches:
- Robin Williams: An American actor and stand-up comedian who passed away in August 2014, have topped the Google’s global search in 2014. Due to his death, people from various parts of the World have searched about him.
- World Cup: Sports always generate a common interest among the people. World Cup 2014 is the second largest search of 2014. People have searched for news, updates and results of various matches.
- Ebola: Ebola virus is a fatal virus which is transmitted to people People around the World have shown their interest in gathering more information about this virus.
- MH370: Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 was an international passenger plane which went missing with 227 passengers and 12 crew members on 8 march, 2014. Thousands of people have tried to search and gather information about this lost passenger flight.
- ALS: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects human nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. A campaign named ‘Ice bucket Challenge’ was largely associated with the awareness of this disease.
- Flappy bird: Flappy bird is a mobile game which was launched in 2013 and became extremely popular. It was discontinued by Apple’s App store and Google play due to the addictive nature and over use. This game was the 6th largest searched topic on Google in 2014.
- Conchita Wurst: Conchita Wurst is an Austrian recording artist and a drag queen. He caught the attention of people around the World after winning the Eurovision Song Contest 2014. Several people, all around the globe have searched about Conchita Wurst in 2014.
- ISIS: The Islamic state of Iraq and Syria(ISIS) is a group involve in various violent activities and severe attacks against civilians. The group remained in headlines because of its fatal attacks, raising people’s interest in its objectives, aims and actions.
- Frozen: Frozen is an American animated movie which was released in 2013. The movie took home 3 Oscars and became largely popular. Frozen is one of the most searched movie in 2014.
- Sochi: 2014 Sochi Winner Olympics was the second most searched sport event of the year after the World Cup 2014. It was largely searched by people and ranked 10th in the ranking of Google’s top searches in 2014.
The Indian trend 2014:
We will talk about the indian search tread, you can see the transformation of people from offline buyers to online buyers. People have started taking the benefits of online services.
Most searched : IRCTC, Filpkart, SBI online, Snapdeal, PNR status and HDFC net banking.
Most searched people: Sunny Leone, Narendra Modi, Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone and Alia Bhatt.
Most searched tech devices: Moto G, i-Phone 6, Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto E, Nokia X and iPhone 5s.
Most searched movies: Ragini MMS 2, Kick, Jai ho, Happy New Year, Bang Bang and Heropanti.
So, this is the Google’s search trend for the year 2014. Several things have attracted the eyeballs of global population round the year and this is a compact image of those interest generating topics.
We can expect several other changes to occur in the upcoming year 2015. The most obvious ones are further reduction in the uses of laptops and desktops for doing Internet searching and mobile search will dominate the domain and increase in the use of social networking sites for sharing information and also for promoting and marketing things.